- Heterosexual: Male-identifying individual sexually attracted to a female-identifying individual, and vice-versa.
- Homosexual: Someone attracted to someone of the same gender as themselves.
- Bisexual: Sexually attracted to two or more genders.
- Polysexual: Sexually attracted to many genders, but not all.
- Pansexual: Sexually attracted to all genders. (this and bisexual, and sometimes polysexual, are often considered to be the same thing and different people may simply identify as any one of them due to their own personal reasons)
- Demisexual: Sexually attracted to people only after forming a bond with them first.
- Asexual: Having no /sexual attraction/ to others; having no desire to have sex.
- Heteroromantic: Male-identifying individual romantically attracted to female-identifying individuals, and vice-versa.
- Homoromantic: Attracted romantically to the same gender.
- Biromantic: Attracted romantically to two or more genders
- Polyromantic: Attracted to many genders (but not all)
- Panromantic: Attracted romantically to all genders
- Demiromantic: Romantically attracted to people only after forming a bond with them first.
- Aromantic: Having no /romantic attraction/ to others; having no desire to be in a romantic relationship.
- Polyamorous: Someone who is attracted to, and is comfortable with being in a relationship with more than one person at a time.
- Transexual/Transgender (Term depending on generation and location): An individual who identifies as a gender other than the one they were assigned at birth to be. Often shortened to trans
- Cisgender: Someone who identifies as the gender that they were assigned as at birth. (ex. matches their birth certificate) Often shortened to cis
- Intersex: Someone who has ambiguous genitalia that doesn't fit into our strict dichotomy of uterus or testes. Often forced into surgery to correct their genitals at a very young age, causing psychological and physical harm later in life
- Nonbinary: Outside of the gender binary of male and female. (Can be used as an umbrella term or as its own identity)
- Genderqueer: Outside of the gender binary. (**This is not an umbrella term like the post said before I edited it! Do not use this as an umbrella term for nonbinary individuals, simply use 'nonbinary'. Queer is considered a slur and not everyone likes to be associated with the word)
- Agender: Someone who feels gender neutral, or someone who experiences a 'lack' of gender.
- Bigender: Someone who identifies as two separate genders.
- Trigender: Someone who identifies as three separate genders.
- Genderfluid: A gender that changes, or is 'fluid'.
- Demigirl: Identifying partially as a woman, but not wholly.
- Demiboy/guy: Identifying partially as a man, but not wholly.
- Dmab: Designated Male at Birth.
- Dfab: Designated Female at Birth.
- Amab/Afab: Same as dmab/dmab, except with 'assigned' instead of 'designted'.
- Camab/Cafab: Same as previous, except prefixed by 'coercively', to highlight the lack of choice.
- Reblog to inform! And if there's any I missed or anything that should be clarified, please message me! Always looking to expand the proper vocab. : )
Lea Grover, "This Is What Sex-Positive Parenting Really Looks Like," HuffPosts: Parents (29 July 2014)
The last sentence!!
It took me 9 years to figure that out (via equily)
The first time
Stopped being Us
And your mere existence
Tore me apart
All over again.
M.S. (via coffee-crinkled-pages)
As upset and as angry as I am, I still miss you.
Do you know how fucking pathetic that makes me feel?
10:00pm thoughts (via 90-s-kid)
Love thy neighbour.
Love thy gay neighbour.
Love thy transgender neighbour.
Love thy minority neighbour.
Love thy Muslim neighbour.
Love thy Hindu neighbour.
Love thy Sikh neighbour.
Love thy pagan neighbour.
Love thy atheist neighbour.
Love thy communist neighbour.
Love thy conservative neighbour.
Love thy alcoholic neighbour.
Love thy addicted neighbour.
Love thy imperfect neighbour.
Love thy God created neighbour.
Because thy neighbor is an icon of God.
if someone writes you a letter or makes you a mixtape or composes a poem or song about you or creates literally anything for you then you had better cherish the absolute shit out of that person because they care about you a real lot
Unknown (via thexpotent)
This hit me harder than I expected.
stay away from people who make you feel like you are hard to love
This is the most important thing I have ever read.